Thursday, December 8, 2011
Intercourse at Peloton 24 November 2011
A dinner party using Japanese re-cycled collected food containers, with amazing Vegan curries by Bec Dean and the most beautiful cake in the world by Mishka Borowski. Drinks served, Takara shochu; courtesy of the artist.
The installation consisted of:
1. Stolen photographs of Nishiko: 地震を直すプロジェクト Repairing earthquake project www.nishiko55.com/eq and Takuma Nakahira, a famous photographer, whose works were presented along with mine in Yokohama earlier this year.
2. Photograph of Vicky's garden in Enmore; 63 Llewellyn Street
3. Reactions, connections and collections involving Japan and Sydney's Inner West.
4. Australiana plastic maki-e laquerware series.
5. Four videos documenting wind in bamboo forests, rice fields and lotus ponds.
I called the show Intercourse because I wanted people to relate to each other, over food; thus internalising an external and externalising an internal, through relations.