Cultural Product

Cultural Product
Serving Suggestion

Friday, May 16, 2008

Pretty things


Can I ever get enough of colour?
It just begs to be configured and placed together and apart. Its so easy and fun to do, I could do it endlessly.
I realise when I look at what I have made in the gallery that is merely an extension of my house. I don't have enough room for all I make, so I have to rent and show in spaces so that I can lay it all out. All those thought processes, and associations. Lately I have been thinking that I am simply a painter who works with 3-d spaces and objects. I like reality. I enjoy the relics of our present day consumerism. I understand that we live in a disposable culture, and are lucky to have such an abundance. I am a materialist, and a maximalist. I conserve and also convert objects. I am doing what I have to do.

No comments: